Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lone Tree

I saw this lone tree near the top of Stone Mountain outside Atlanta. I came here a few days after the big snowstorm, when the thaw had begun, to stretch my legs. The ground was still covered by snow, and I was surprised to see quite a crowd at the park.

For safety reason, a yellow tape that said police line do not cross blocked the entrance to the trail to the mountain top, which however didn't stop anyone from going around the tape to continue their climb. I simply followed the crowd and found out that the trail was indeed a dangerous mix of ice, snow and running water on slippery rock. Still it was wonderful to be outdoors again and breathe in the cool fresh air laced with a delightful dose of pine scent. Halfway to the top I had to sit down and panted like an old dog on a hot day. Boy, I had no idea I was so out of shape, but the view was totally worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment